Solid Waste Management will hold a free landfill day – The City of San Antonio
CONTACT: Marcus Lee, 210-207-6463
SAN ANTONIO (February 10, 2022) – On Saturday, Feb. 12, San Antonio Solid Waste Service customers are invited to participate in a free landfill day from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Customers can dispose of unwanted bulky items at the locations listed below. Bagged waste is accepted at both dumps. The event is open to Solid Waste Management customers only and valid photo ID and a copy of the most recent CPS Energy invoice are required. Loads must be covered with a tarp in accordance with municipal ordinance no. 2015-09-10-0760. The TDS transfer station at 11601 Starcrest will not be one of the locations on Saturday.
- Discharge from the services of the Republic
7000 IH 10 E, 78219
- Waste management landfill
8611 Covel Road, 78252
Guests may be required to wear a safety vest (provided)
- Appliances, water heaters, toilets, furniture, mattresses
- Carpet, fencing material, tires (limit of six passenger vehicle tires per household)
Equipment not accepted:
- Roofing materials, drywall, dirt, brick, brush, lumber, building materials
- Industrial, commercial or construction waste
The city reserves the right to divert loads to other sites in the event of operating constraints. The City of San Antonio and its partners are not responsible for damage to vehicles or injury to event participants. The Solid Waste Service operates four Bulky Item Drop-Off Centers which are free to Solid Waste customers who pay the Environmental Charge on their CPS energy bill. They are open all year round from Tuesday to Saturday. Visit www.sarecycles.org for these locations.